Is there a way to remove logo?

Is there a way to remove logo?

Postby mmazb3 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 am

Hi,

Thank you so much for your work! Your templates really the most beautiful I've seen for phpBB3. Right now I am using Vista but thinking to change for ProVista.
Now here I have a question. I changed the background picture, removed mountains and put my own pic that fits my forum and also wrote my forum's name on it. Maybe for some folks this will look like old style but I like this way. And it also helps a little to my visitors who are using dail-up (and they are tho most :( ) reducing the number of images to load.
Now I deleted those logos and when using Firefox and Opera everything looks fine but in IE there is a frame of the missing image.
Can you please tell me how can I remove that completely? Single bg.jpg image without logos?

Thanks.

mmazb3

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is there a way to remove logo?

Postby Helter » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 am

so if I understand you correctly, you edited the background image and added your logo directly into it?
If you remove the logo code, the search box will collaps into the now vacant space. It is not difficult to fix, but the easiest way to satisfy ie, is to leave index.php in the logo folder, delete all of the logo's and upload spacer.gif to the logo folder. spacer.gif is a 1px X 1px transparent image that should not alter page load times. You can find it in your forum root/images folder

Helter
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to remove logo?

Postby mmazb3 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Yes, you understood it right.
And your solution is the easiest way to solve this thing. Why I didn't think about it myself :?:
Thank you

mmazb3

Post a reply

Return to proVista