Please help me in choosing web hosting

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby 0zas » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 am

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

0zas

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby Helter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:55 am

ive built several sites for users of godaddy. I know they have an unlimited space and transfer plan for $15 per month with a free SSL cert.
I dont know anything about their customer service but it must not be too terrible for them to be so big.

I personally got tired of VPS and dedicated server companies and bought my own Dell 1950. I co-host it at netriver.net for $80 a month. Awesome customer service and in nearly 2 years ive had 10 minutes total downtime. Both incidents were router upgrades and I was notified well in advance of the service.

Helter
Site Admin

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby jaybed » Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 pm

You will find that the services Go Daddy has to offer are easy to use, but they require patience at times. However, they can guarantee you a good service.

jaybed

Post a reply

Return to Off Topic